We all want to say we care about the planet and want to do our part to save it. But, then, things come up and saving a planet just doesn’t fit in our schedules: too busy to plant a whole tree, don’t want to get dirt on our cute dresses, etc.
Now for those, who don’t believe anything is happening to our plant – please, see my other articles, and also, you stink.
Anyway! There are PLENTY of things us lazy, non-outdoor folk can do to honor Earth Day!
- Go buy a reusable water bottle! Yay, shopping time. Here I come, Amazon. Stop using plastic water bottles and tossing them. Last year, we threw out over 70% of our water bottles instead of recycling, so since it seems super difficult for us to recycle, let’s just have reusable bottles, ‘kay?
- Plant a tree… from your laptop. Donate easily to plant a tree here and be one in a billion! Donate as little as $1 to The Nature Conservancy and select what region of the world you want your tree planted. SO EASY AND LAZY.
- Start a garden! Put hose DIY skills to the test and make a itsy bitsy gardne on your balcony or patio or window ledge. Grow some tomatoes, herbs, whatevs. This way you can show off your mad green-thumb skills with a super cool Insta post.
- Spring Cleaning and Replacement! It’s time to throw out the old beauty products, and buy some new eco-friendly ones. Try Tarte Lip Crayons, Alba Botanica products, Burt’s Bees stuff, and more. This is a selfishly fun way to save the planet; plus, who doesn’t love to buy new make-up?
- Save the oceans, animals, and forests while you watch Netflix and stuff your face with ice cream. Here are a bunch of great organizations you can donate $1 or more. Celebrate Earth Day by donating your Starbucks’ drink for the day (money-wise, don’t ship your drink to one of these poor organizations).
- Clean up your mailbox. That’s right, time to delete and stop that junk mail! Check this site to see how you can stop those credit card scams and catalog junk mail to help save thousands of paper and trees. By filling these forms out online, you can sit on your butt and save trees. Go you!
- Re-evaluate your cooking style! Reducing red meat consumption can dramatically save hundreds of gallons of water PER serving. Or choose pasture-fed beef if you can. I promise turkey burgers are as delicious as hamburgers if you cook ’em right. You do have to go to the store to do this one, but you need food, right?
Check out the original post here at my website: www. shaylaokeeffe.com/blog