Being an adult is hard. It is just too much work, too much thinking, too many consequences. One wrong decision and BAM, everything falls apart. One wrong move and WHACK, consequences for days. Take too long to make a decision and ****! (<– I didn’t even give you the first letter, there are many options here for you)
There are many things to decide on: where to live, what career to have, what jobs to take, maybe intern first, or maybe follow your dreams first? Then, there is always the classic healthcare, taxes, income, and cat food concerns.
It is not undergrad life anymore: no easy decision on what club to go to tonight, or what hour before the exam you should start studying, or what coffee at Starbucks to walk around with…I mean drink.
But, fear no more! Here is how you will make decisions on an adult-level. There’s no time for goofing off. There’s no time for baby steps. There’s no time for time.
1. Your brain will promptly notify you of decision-overload
2. Whatever decision comes to mind first is going to be the one you choose to worry about most
3. You will realize every other decision you choose to ignore will be GREATLY affected by the one you are focusing on
4. Your brain will react to the stress by telling you that you want to watch Netflix now
5. (days later) Your brain will suddenly remind you of your decision stress at 4:12am and force you awake
6. You will drink and eat a lot in the days of your decision
7. You will go days thinking everything is fine and it will all work itself out
8. You will be forced to make a decision because you verbalized it to one person and now have to stick with it
And there you go. See? Isn’t that helpful to know?