Today is the day!
We all know it is time for the beautiful gowns on abnormally gorgeous women, and men in tuxes that actually fit their bodies absolutely perfectly, unlike those awful tuxes you were exposed to at your high school prom.
Gems and diamonds just dripping off of everyone and designer names being thrown around as often as the word “fries” is screamed at McDonald’s.
But this year, the Oscars is going to be a different kind of special.
For this is the year that all of his hard work is going to be awarded.
This is the year that everyone in the world can stand on their feet and salute the winner of Best Actor.
This is Leo’s year. Why should he win Best Actor?
1. Obviously, his role as Mr. Hugh Glass in The Revenant and surviving a bear attak
2. He was robbed in 2013 by Matthew McConaughey
3. As he was robbed of the award in 2004 and 2006 (we won’t mention those names)
4. He is as worthy as previous winners such as Colin Firth, Denzel Washington, Daniel Day-Lewis, Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, and many other great actors.
5. He has crushed every role he has undertaken (Wolf of Wall Street, Great Gatsby, Inception, Shutter Island, Blood Diamond…the list goes on, unlike the list of his Oscar wins….)
6. He is so good that he even has made you hate his guts at times (cough, cough…Django)
7. He was never properly awarded for not trying to get on that wooden plank and basically killing himself in Titanic
8. Lastly, he is single so please let Oscar comfort him late at night at least, Academy!
I’d like to take credit now for making #OscarforLeo a trending hashtag, so you’re welcome.