We get it. We should have more of our crap together at this point in our life. The constant questioning is not going to help us figure things out, though. So get out of the interrogation room and let us be….free. We know what you really mean when you ask us things; you’re not as sly as you think, sir.
Here’s what you ask us….and here’s what we hear….
1. So…any wedding bells ringing soon?
What we hear: Are you seriously still single? You’re going to die alone, you know that right?
2. Any exciting job offers?
What we hear: You’re going to be unemployed forever so better go pick out your box to live in.
3. How’s grad school?
What we hear: Have you failed out yet? You know that Cs don’t get degrees in grad school, right?
4. Are you living out on your own yet?
What we hear: How long will you mooch off your parents? Poor mom and dad would like to retire.
5. Time to start thinking long-term. Finances are a pain, am I right?
What we hear: You’re already behind on everything regarding stability in your life.
6. Remember the good old days of undergrad?!
What we hear: You are older than the dust under my fridge and now have no life.
7. What do you miss the most from college?
What we hear: You’re no longer in college….wait, what?
8. How’s the real life treating you so far?
What we hear: Have you failed yet? Because you are going to sooner or later…